Sharing a Nanny is a happy medium between nanny care and a childcare centre. The variation on a typical nanny care arrangement is that the nanny travels each day to one household or alternates between residences if the families take turns hosting the children.
Your Child can spend their days in a familiar home environment and can enjoy the benefits of professional in-home child care at a much lower cost than employing nannies by themselves. It costs less than placing children in busy day-care centre is that often have ratios of too many children per carer. This option is ideal for Before or After School Care with similar aged children at home together where the nanny can assist with the homework and routine of the night.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL NANNY PLACEMENT
- Share with a family that lives close to you so you avoid long travel time.
- Discuss the type of nanny you both want that is ideal for your families.
- Consider what will be needed for the home e.g. an extra high chair, sleeping arrangements and equipment required for the extra children in each others home.
- Interview the Nanny together in order to make a successful match as both families need to make a joint decision on the selection of the perfect Nanny.
- Determine who is going to take responsibility for the Nannies payment, either separately or does one family pay the other.
- Communication is the key to a successful Share A Nanny Placement. A Communication Diary should be used one for each family for you to add to and take home with you to read.
Once off Family Registration of $75 per family and Placement Fee.
Share a Nanny rate is between $12-$15 per hour for each family
The Nanny’s rate will depend on two things your budget and what the nannies will accept for the job at hand and their expected hourly rate. This of course depends on the nannies experience and expectations of the position and age of the childrens ages.
If you have a friend or know someone who has a nanny, why not look at Sharing a Nanny